As a manager and leader, you must be able to evaluate management and adaptable leadership skills in the healthcare industry. Important leadership skills are strategic planning and business development. Before you can develop a strategic plan that drives the goals and helps to define what success looks like for your organization, you must have a clear vision and mission. For this assignment, you will demonstrate your skill by evaluating the importance of a mission statement and vision statement for the strategic plan within a healthcare organization.
Review the Stevens District Hospital Strategic-Planning Scenario about a fictional, not-for-profit acute care hospital in Jefferson City. The hospital provides a range of services, including medical/surgical, rehab, and emergency care in a regional market of 80,000 people. This assignment and future course assignments will use the hospital and scenario information.
Imagine the following: Your role in this planning process will be as the director of the radiology department at Stevens District Hospital. Your department performs a wide variety of X-ray procedures, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, and MRI testing. In this planning process, you will evaluate the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to the hospital and the role your department can play in increasing business for the hospital.
Review the following mission and vision statements:
- Option 1: Mission: To improve health by providing high-quality care. Vision: Provide the highest level of service in the county.
- Option 2: Mission: To improve health by providing high-quality care. Vision: Provide the broadest range of services in the county.
- Option 3: Mission: To be deeply committed to the communities we serve; we enhance population health and well-being. Vision: Deliver an exceptional experience with every encounter.
Select the most appropriate mission and vision statement for the hospital from the previous list and use the statements for this assignment.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word summary in which you:
- Identify the mission and vision statements you selected for Stevens District Hospital.
- Explain the rationale for why you selected the mission and vision statements.
- Identify the specific strengths of the mission and vision statement selected.
- Identify the weaknesses of the mission and vision statements not selected.
- Explain how the mission and vision statements drive the strategic plan for Stevens District Hospital.
Create an order via https://peakassignments.com/order if you need work on such topic and many more from different disciplines.