For this week’s assignment, you have the task of writing both good and bad news. When writing good news, remember to use the direct approach; however, when writing the bad news, use indirect approach. A single upload is fine, as long as each memo starts on a new page. You are welcomed to use the attached template, or you may use a different template. After your assignment is uploaded, please click on “View Feedback” to verify that the formatting was not altered. If necessary, please correct and resubmit. Remember to adhere to formatting guidelines, including margins and spacing (please refer to memo layout sample Actions).
- Use Times Roman Numeral, Courier New, or Arial.
- Left justify memo and use 1-inch margin.
- Use correct headings (You may use caps, bold font, and double-space):
- Date: Write out month completely
- To: Reader’s names and job titles
- From: Your name and job title
- Subject: Be specific and concise
- Do not use salutation.
- Memo must be single-spaced (except for headings); leave a space between each paragraph.
- Do not indent paragraphs.
- No need to use complimentary close or signature block.
- Reference your sourcesLinks to an external site.
- Bullets and Headings (PDF)Actions
Scenario (Good News)
As the Sales Manager for ABZ Corporation, it is your pleasure to announce that your department has been awarded a grant for outstanding sales. Determine the amount of the grant and the specific criteria for selection. Write a memo explaining this scenario to these employees. Use the direct approach. See “memo layout sample” for additional content & formatting expectations.
Scenario (Bad News)
Due to Covid-19, ABZ Corporation will have to lay-off or furlough some employees. Write a memo to the employees explaining this scenario. Use the indirect approach. See “memo layout sample” for additional content & formatting expectations.
Create an order via https://peakassignments.com/order if you need work on such topic and many more from different disciplines.