Impact of culture/race/ethnicity/residential location
Health Disparities Commentary : A commentary is a scholarly comment on a newly published article. The goal of this assignment is to react to the impact of culture/race/ethnicity/residential location etc. described within a peer-reviewed journal article related to health disparities. The goal of publishing commentaries is to advance the research field by providing a forum for varying perspectives on a certain topic under consideration in the journal. The author of a commentary should be eager to present a new and/or unique viewpoint on existing problems, fundamental concepts, or prevalent notions, or wants to discuss the implications of a newly implemented innovation. A commentary may also draw attention to current advances and speculate on future directions of a certain topic, as well as state a personal opinion. While a commentary may be critical of an article published in the journal, it is important to maintain a respectful tone that may be critical of ideas or conclusions but not of authors.
In summary, a commentary may be:
1. A critical challenge to one or more aspects of the focal article, arguing for a position other than that taken in the focal article;
2. An elaboration or extension of the position taken in the focal article, basically sympathetic to the position taken in the focal article but pushing the argument further;
3. An application of a theoretical or methodological perspective that sheds light on the issues addressed in the focal article; and/or
4. A comment on the applicability of the issues raised in the focal article to other settings, or to other cultures.
This assignment will require you to write a commentary article in response to the following journal articles recently published in the American Journal of Health Education
Peacock, J., Bowling, A., Finn, K., & McInnis, K. (2021). Use of Outdoor Education to Increase Physical Activity and Science Learning among Low-Income Children from Urban Schools. American Journal of Health Education, 52(2), 92-100.
Use these simple guidelines when writing your health disparities commentary paper:
• Do not include general praise for the focal article.
• Cite only works absolutely essential to support your point.
• Use a short title that emphasizes your key message. (It should be clear in context that all commentaries are a reaction to a particular paper).
• Make clear your take-home message.
• Make sure there is full author information (name, affiliation, address, phone, email). The assignment should be double-spaced, ~6 pages of content (1300-1500 words), subject headers, 12- point font, Times New Roman, 1” margins all around, a title page, abstract, and reference page in AMA format.
Assignment Formatting Policies:
• All written assignments must be word-processed.
• Reference all works cited using the American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines. AMA is a standardized formatting and style used
https://peakassignments.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/ph-ass-300x33.png00adminhttps://peakassignments.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/ph-ass-300x33.pngadmin2021-08-14 17:10:262021-08-14 17:10:26Impact of culture/race/ethnicity/residential location
The work provided by the experts at peakassignments.com are model papers for students and it should not be submitted as it is in their school, college, or university. Our crafted papers are strictly intended to help students on their grades