Review the “six-pack approach” at the beginning of Part III, Chapter 8, of Mastering the Challenges of Leading Change (linked in Resources) and pay attention to the three steps of finding common ground, finding common metrics, and creating a sense of urgency. Also, choose one of the four models for implementing change in Table 9.2 on page 305 of your Organizational Change: An Action-Oriented Toolkit text. For this discussion, compare and contrast an approach for managing group dynamics with a model of change, and respond to the following:
- What are the similarities and differences?
- Which of the approaches for creating alignment or engaging others is best for leading change in your organization?
- What opportunities exist to infuse social media into the process?
Change Leader Competency Assessment
Three agility typesâ€”learning, interpersonal, and executionâ€”were identified in the Agile Leader Self-Assessment and all are needed in today’s workplace. Most of us have developed one or two types sufficiently. But many of us have one type that lags behind the other two. As you reflect on your scores, respond to the following:
- What implications do you see for your development?
- Which specific traits did you score particularly high or low on?
- Which areas do you need to develop?
- Which areas should you continue to strengthen?