Description of an Adolescent Experiencing Problem
There are different skills and knowledge this assignment is building: (1) developing skills in looking for details, (2) applying psychological concepts and theories, and (3) creating solutions.
In the second part, you will write about the specifics of what you observe and apply them to developmental theories and psychological concepts. The third part is to develop specific solutions to problems or challenges the adolescent faces.
Guidelines for All Assignments
1. The paper must be written in APA format. Note that many formatting programs may be used to help you with APA but are not smart programs. They do not edit your mistakes. 2. Do not rely on other sources to be 100% correct (such as OWL Purdue). It is best to use the APA Manual for all your work. Note that the 7th edition must be used for this paper.
3. You must have a title page in 7th edition APA format.
4. You must have an abstract that summarizes the content of your paper.
5. You must have a reference page in 7th edition APA format.
6. All assignments should be written in third person. Do not use personal pronouns (i.e., I, we, our) or impersonal you (i.e., you or your).
7. If you do not have Word, please be sure you can convert it to a format that your instructor can open. If they cannot open it, they cannot read and grade it.
8. Be sure to follow all the guidelines of the assignment of your choosing.
Option 1: Scenario and Application
Option 1 contains three components. These components will be combined to create one document:
1. Description of an Adolescent Who is Experiencing Problems (Scenario)
2. Application of Theories and Concepts
3. Possible Interventions or Solutions
Part 1: Description of an Adolescent Who is Experiencing Problems
1. Create a fictional scenario of an adolescent who is struggling with various developmental issues.
2. If this is a case of someone you know, be sure to protect the identity of the person. Do not state the relationship you have with the person and create a fictitious first name.
3. Describe the cultural background of the adolescent in the scenario.
4. This scenario should be 2 pages in length. Note that it should not be shorter or longer.
5. Identify three main challenges at a minimum that these individual faces (e.g., academic issues, friendship issues, legal problems, communication problems, etc.). Note that these are not the only possible challenges that you can discuss.
Part 2: Application of Theories and Concepts
1. Identify two developmental theories and apply them to the information in the scenario. Note that you need to clearly define the theory and the components of the theory you are applying.
2. Here are some examples of theories that you can apply. Note that you are not limited to these theories.
a. Erikson’s Psychosocial Development Theory
b. Kohlberg’s Moral Development Theory
c. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
d. Bronfenbrenner’s Ecological Systems Theory
e. Piaget’s Cognitive Development Theory
f. Dweck’s Theory of Mindsets
g. Bandura’s Self-Efficacy Theory
h. Freud’s Theory of Psychosexual Development
i. Bandura’s Theory of Modeling
j. Marcia’s Theory of Identity Development
k. Ainsworth’s Attachment Theory
3. When discussing the theory, be sure to integrate examples from the scenario to highlight your discussion.
4. Discuss two other concepts that impact adolescent development that apply to your scenario (i.e., morality, diversity, culture, etc.). You need to be very clear about which concepts you are applying.
5. When discussing the concepts, be sure to integrate examples from the scenario to highlight your discussion.
6. You must use at least 5 academic sources relating to the theories and concepts you have chosen to apply.
7. You may use your textbook for one of these sources. The other 4 sources must come from a peer reviewed research journal. These have to be quantitative research studies and you must summarize the following:
• research problem/hypothesis
• analysis of data
8. Note that the summary of the article should flow easily within your paper. The summary should not be more than 5 sentences. This means you have to select the most salient points of the research.
9. The summary of the research article should be paraphrased. Do not rely on using quotations.
10. It is highly recommended that you use the Chapman Library.
11. This should be 5 pages in length. Do not go over or under the page requirement for this section.
Part 3: Possible Solutions or Interventions
1. Describe two possible interventions that can be used with this individual to help him or her with the problems the individual is facing. Make sure your interventions are specific. For example, therapy is not specific enough of an intervention. (For example, What is the goal of the therapy? What behaviors, thoughts, feelings, challenges, and circumstances need to be addressed? What type of therapy would be recommended for this adolescent? These are just a few examples).
2. You must cite a minimum of 2 reputable sources in this section. One of these can be your textbook. The other must be an academic source.
3. This should be 2 pages in length. Do not go over or under the page requirement for this section.
• Make sure you use citations throughout your paper. None of this should be your opinion. Ideas have to be cited as well as statistics and/or direct quotes.
• Make sure that you reference who you are citing within the text of the paper.
• Paraphrase the work of others and give them credit (when reviewing literature). In other words, do not plagiarize.
• If you do not cite what you have paraphrased, this is considered plagiarism.
• Do not copy large blocks of information from any source. Your instructor is more interested in reading how you interpret what you have read.
• Keep your biases out of the paper.
• Use quotations sparingly. A rule of thumb is no more than one on a page.
• Do not use quotations because you do not know how to paraphrase difficult material in results sections of research studies.
• You should not have two quotations in a paragraph.
• If you do copy anything word for word, quotation marks must be put around the words you have copied. You must then cite the author, year, and page number of the source from which you took that information. If there is no page number, you must cite the paragraph number. Note that just providing this information with no quotation marks around the copied material is considered plagiarism (unless you have used a block quote).
Description of an Adolescent Experiencing Problem
Create an order via https://peakassignments.com/order if you need work on Description of an Adolescent Experiencing Problem and many more from different disciplines.