Case Study Reflection Essay
Create an order via https://peakassignments.com/order if you need work on such topic and many more from different disciplines.
|Module Title:||Business Research Methods||Module Code:||7BUS2002 0901-2020|
|Assignment Format & Maximum Word count||Case Study Reflection (500 words + 10%)||Assignment Weighting:||20%|
Date: 18th December 2020
Method: StudyNet e-Submission
|Coursework return Date returned to students:||12th February 2021
(Due to the Christmas and New Year Period)
|Module leader||Dr Xiangping Du & Maarten Pontier||First marker|
|Internal Moderator||Approved ☐
|Module Board name|
|External Examiner||Approved ☐
|Module Board date|
|Learning Outcomes: Knowledge and Understanding tested in this assignment:|
|Learning Outcomes: Skills and Attributes tested in this assignment:|
|· effective development of reflective thinking and writing skills
· Ability to evaluate and make distinguishing choices to establish best practice for the type of research to be conducted.
|Feedback /Marking criteria for this Assignment|
|Performance will be assessed using HBS Grading Criteria and Mark scheme.
Guidance for improvement will be given in writing on the Assessment Feedback Form or on the StudyNet Feedback Form within 4 weeks of submission.
For each day or part day up to five days after the published deadline, coursework relating to modules submitted late will have the numeric grade reduced by 10 grade points until or unless the numeric grade reaches 40 for levels 4, 5 and 6 or 50 for level 7 (PG). If a submission is more than 5 days after the published deadline, a grade of zero will be awarded.
Where the numeric grade awarded for the assessment is less than 40, no lateness penalty will be applied;
|Detailed Brief for Individual/Group Assessment|
|Assignment Title: Case Study Reflection
PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ANYWHERE IN THE ASSIGNMENT – ID NUMBER ONLY
Description of the assignment:
In order to assist in understanding approaches to research, the 500-word reflection on the weekly case studies discussed allows for insights into the approaches and methods used in conducting research.
The Case Study Reflection assignment is based on the 10 case studies discussed during the Module covering the different aspects of research and sequentially building a complete overview of approaching a research project.
Read each of the 10 case studies and make a note on each of 10 case studies on the following areas:
· The technical aspects of the types of research and research approaches being identified. Such as the nature of reviewing literature; the research philosophy considered; the research design, such as the case study method used.
· What skills have each person in the case study used or developed, such as research skill; making notes; interviewing skills
· What dilemmas, problems and issues have the persons in the case studies been facing, having to think about and resolve problems about.
· Apply the above to yourself and your own research
The suggested structure of this reflection assignment to be as follows (with NO Headings/Subheadings included):
– Short introduction
This is a short description as to the nature of the assignment and what you have been asked to do, as well as what issues and skills that are going to be considered.
– Main body of the reflection
Outlining what has been learned from the approaches and issues discussed in the case study scenarios, and how this learning is going to be applied in your own research in the future. This may include:
o a discussion of aspects, e.g. opportunities and challenges of conducting a research learnt from the case studies; how the adopted approach to the research has been arrived at; what have been some of the key aspects that have influenced the design of the research,
o identifying any skills and skill development for carrying out research as identified in the case studies,
o referring to relevant additional sources/literature (beyond the case studies) to make sense of your learning,
o how you would apply what has been learnt from the case studies to the future approach of your own research (action plan)
– Short conclusion
This should be a short description, based on the discussions and analysis developed in the main body of the assignment and identifying the key issues that have been identified in the main body.
It should not include new material or references
– Reference List (Not included in the wordcount)
· You can use the first person (i.e. I, my) in this reflective account.
· The reflection needs to be written in an essay format with NO Headings or Subheadings.
Detailed guidance on reflective writing can be found from: https://www.studynet1.herts.ac.uk/ptl/common/asu.nsf/Teaching+Documents?OpenView&count=9999&restricttocategory=Academic+Writing/Academic+Writing:+Essays,+Reports,+Reflective+Writing+and+Posters
· The overall reflective account takes 20% of the overall module assessment weight.
· The submission date for the Case Study Reflection is Friday 18th December 2020 at 6pm.
Marking scheme – see attached PG Marking Grid for HBS Reflections
This work is going to be marked holistically based on the grading criteria outlined below.
|Student Support and Guidance
· For further help, contact your module leader in their drop-in hours or by email.
· Use the Grading Criteria and Mark Scheme to help improve your work.
· Go to CASE workshops, use the CASE website and drop-in hours www.studynet.herts.ac.uk/go/CASE/ For reflection: https://www.studynet1.herts.ac.uk/ptl/common/asu.nsf/Teaching+Documents?OpenView&count=9999&restricttocategory=Academic+Writing/Academic+Writing:+Essays,+Reports,+Reflective+Writing+and+Posters
· Academic English for Business support is available through daily drop-ins from the CASE office. See the CASE workshop timetable on the CASE main website page for details.
· Some tutors allow students to test their work using Turnitin. Guidance on submission to Turnitin via StudyNet can be found by using the following link. http://www.studynet1.herts.ac.uk/ptl/common/asu.nsf/resource+library/TURNITIN+FOR+STUDENTS+2016+USER+GUIDE.pdf/$FILE/TURNITIN+FOR+STUDENTS+2016+USER+GUIDE.pdf