- Northouse, P. G. (2020). Introduction to leadership: Concepts and practice (5th ed.). SAGE.
- Chapter 2, â€œRecognizing Your Traitsâ€ (pp. 26â€“39)
- Chapter 3, â€œUnderstanding Leadership Stylesâ€ (pp. 57â€“68)
- Leadership Styles Questionnaire, p. 72
- Review the Learning Resources on leadership style and traits. Take the Leadership Styles Questionnaire in the course text to determine your preferred leadership style.
- With your preferred leadership style in mind, consider the leadership style you least identify with. If a situation called for it, how would you integrate an attribute of that style into your leadership?
- Determine how you would discover the leadership style that your staff prefers.
Post an analysis of how different leadership styles can be beneficial. Select the leadership style that you least identify with and describe one positive attribute of this style. How might you integrate this attribute into your leadership?
Then, explain how you would learn about the needs of your team and the leadership style they prefer to work under. Based on what you learn, to what extent would you adapt your leadership style?